Monday, April 5, 2010

Johnny Polygon on The TakeOver w/ the L.A. Leakers

All frontin' aside, I really don't know much about Johnny Polygon. I first heard his name from a nice young lady by the name of Janice a few weeks ago. Then I noticed he had a show with the 87 Stick Up Kids last Thursday. Before that, he was on The TakeOver with the Leakers last Wednesday. He freestyled over the Black Eyed Peas "Imma Be" on the show and then i listened to the freestyle again when it was put up on youtube. I have to admit, shit is knockin'... So with the question "who is Johnny Polygon?" on my mind, the next thing i did was check to see if he had a music myspace. Check Johnny Polygon's Myspace. From reading his myspace, it tells me he's originally from Tulsa, Oklahoma, then headed west to expand his music career. Prior to moving, he did his thing with the underground midwest scene, releasing a few albums. I listened to a few songs he has up on his myspace and a song that had me dancing in my room while getting ready was "Do You Love Me". Soon after i downloaded his latest mixtape Rebel with Applause (worked with DJ Green Lantern) that came out February 2010. The tracks are pretty good and it's a different kind of hip hop. A song that stood out to me, maybe just cuz i'm a BIG Saved By The Bell fan, was "That's What Girls Do". Download Rebel with Applause if you haven't done so already.

Johnny Polygon's Freestyle over "Imma Be" on the TakeOver:




Download Rebel With Applause




1 comment: