Tuesday, October 19, 2010

25th Anniversary of Back To The Future


Back To The Future will be celebrating it's 25th anniversary in just about a week. Back to the Future and Back to the Future II have got to be some of my favorite movies, as for part III... ehhh. But other than that, I've been watching that movie ever since i can remember. I remember watching the movie when I was younger thinking "I can't wait until 2015! We'll ride cool hoverboards!" Well, it's already 2010, I don't think we'll see kids rollin' down the street in hoverboards yet. But we may just see the kicks he sported in the 2nd installment of Back to the Future. Those self-lacing shoes may appear quicker than those hoverboards. And whenever I pass by Puente Hills Mall, whoever I'm in the car with will ALWAYS hear "this is where they shot part of Back to the Future, you know Twin Pine Mall!?" Movie was dope! Plus Marty McFly was def a cute white boy to look at when I was a little girl :)


BUT did you know that Michael J. Fox, the Family Ties cutie, was NOT the original choice for the Marty McFly character?!? Yeah, I was surprised when I found out. They originally had Eric Stoltz play the character. He's been in a few t.v. shows such as St. Elsewhere (back in the 80s) and Grey's Anatomy. He's been in a number of movies like Pulp Fiction, Jerry Mcguire, The Honeymooners, and Mask, where he played a kid with one fcked up face! GOOGLE it! But back to Back to the Future... Eric Stoltz was set to play Marty and even began filming, but a few weeks into production, film executives had a change of heart and decided to bring in Michael J. Fox into the film. Check this quick video out:



After 25 years, I still can catch this movie on t.v. And the weird thing is I'll catch my younger nieces and nephews watching it around the same time I first started watching the trilogy. Helping to celebrate 25 years, they'll be releasing a special DVD and Blu Ray on October 26. Grab yourself a copy, i just might :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how old this is. I'm guessing fairly old.

    But Michael J Fox was the original choice but he was caught up in his other work temporarily. So they cast Eric Stoltz but he didn't make the cut. By the time they were looking for another talent, Michael was free enough to run both the show and this movie.

    Just a head's up!

    ReplyDelete