Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 14, 2010

I was lucky enough to spend most of my Monday with Grafik and Fashawn and sit in Evidence's lab listening to music not even out yet.

Here's a short background on the boys I just mentioned...


Fashawn is a CenCal native, raised Fresno. He's been on the grind since the age of 17, dropping out of high school and hitting the road with Planet Asia. He put out his very first mixtape in 2006 titled Grizzly City. Since then, he's worked with Mick Boogie & Terry Urban on the Orisue clothing sponsored, One Shot One Kill mixtape and has put out a grip of other mixtapes. He recently put out another mixtape called Ode to Illmatic with XXL and Orisue clothing. But prior, he released his debut album Boy Meets World in late 2009. He's also graced the XXL magazine being one of the 10 freshmen for 2010.










Another Fresno native, I was introduced to Grafik by Fashawn earlier this year. He's been into the whole rap game since he was little, but actually started recording tracks in the studio at the age of 15. He's been out and about getting his name out there. He has a mixtape called Money Ave. and just recently put out another mixtape called LL Cool Graf. He's young in the game, but is making the right moves by going to different places wherever he can to spread his name.











Evidence is a man who reps Venice beach hard in everything he does. He was a part of the group Dilated Peoples . Aside from the group's success, Evidence has accomplished so much. Not only is he a rapper, he's also a producer. He's produced music for Planet Aisa, Linkin Park, and the Beastie Boys just to name a few. Not to mention, he's earned a Grammy for co-production on Kanye West's album College Dropout. In 2007, he came out with his first solo project called The Weatherman LP. Then in 2008 he released The Layover LP. He now has another album coming out soon titled Cats & Dogs.







My Monday... started off by going to class, then went back home. Nothing out of the ordinary. I knew Grafik and Fashawn were gonna be in town, but I didn't think anything of it. Main thing is I got to Pasadena, where they were posted for their stay here and picked them up. We grabbed some Chipotle for lunch, then headed to L.A. soon after. The car ride there was pretty interesting. I was driving and thought to myself "Do i change the music!?!" lol i mean, how oftendo i have one of the freshmen for 2010 riding in my car haha Then Fash asked "Do you have any instrumentals?" Yeaahhh, 'cuz I sit in my car spitting bars for days o_O lol But now i know to always have instrumentals in my car lol We were stuck in non other than (drumroll please) L.A. traffic! On the way to L.A., I turned down my stereo while Fash turned up his iphone. Graf was freestyling, Fash was freestyling... Did I!?! Of course not, they weren't ready for my bars ;) HAHAHA We finally reached L.A. where Evidence's lab is at. Dropped Fash off, while me and Grafik looked for parking, how I love finding parking in L.A. -_-, but it wasn't too bad. We walked in toward the end of Evidence Ustreaming, so if you caught an asian girl throwin' up the duces, that was me. As I sat down, Evidence and fashawn were tryna think of where to get some weed, cuz Fash soon found out the one spot near the lab was shut down haha Getting past that, Evidence played some new beats and new songs that I'm guessing will be on Cats & Dogs. I will admit that I'm not an avid listener of Evidence's, but prior to this i have listened to a few of his songs. Then being able to hear the new stuff that hasn't come out yet, i told myself i NEED to catch up on Evidence's work quick! As he played track after track, he and Fash would talk about this and that and so on and so forth. Then I caught myself thinking "DAMN! i'm in the same room as Fashawn and Evidence listening to music that isn't even out yet or might not even make it out. How many people would wanna be in my position!? I'm one lucky chick!" I just soaked everything in; from the conversing that was going on to the music that was being played. There was also quick talk about how there are some girls that are good for you and some girls that are bad for you. I found out how they feel about certain artists in the game to eagerly anticipating a video Evidence wanted to show us. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the video, now I have to anticipate a little bit longer. Evidence said he was gonna put it out in a week or two, so be on the look out for that. All three guys were nice as fu*k! So I soaked up all that I could, sometimes catching myself sitting in awe thinking "Damn, what am i doing here!?" lol I was lucky enough to have them freestyling in my car and sit in the lab listening to good new music. With that being said, my Monday didn't turn out to be quite so ordinary.
Here's the pic i took when I was sitting down, trippin' on who i'm lookin' at hahahaa



No comments:

Post a Comment