Monday, June 28, 2010

Chris Brown on BET Awards 2010

Chris Brown's performance was the talk of last night's BET Awards... and possibly Trey Songz's mom, but that's a different story. Everyone was tweeting, facebooking, etc. about how he cried and couldn't get through performing the rest of the Michael Jackson tribute. I didn't get to watch it live, but I caught it on worldstarhiphop.com. Here's my take on his sudden release of emotions.

My sister and I believe that it was a sincere cry. I mean, come on, he did an ugly cry. Anyway, we don't think he's crying because of his woman beating, but because he felt people were finally accepting him again. Last year he was supposed perform for the MJ tribute, but no one wanted him *or more like Jay-Z threatened BET to not let him be a part of it* so I guess this is why he got so emotional. Personally, I also think he cried because he finally was given a chance to pay tribute to his idol. We can all say he's been forever tainted with that scandal, but you can't deny his talent.

Here's the video if you didn't catch it... or if you just want to see him cry again. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment